Tim began working for A & T Burt Ltd., a large commercial plumbing company in Christchurch, as an apprentice in 1975. He became a qualified plumber, and in 1980 was transferred to Nelson, where he continued to work for them through until 1986. During this time he worked on contracts including the Nelson Hospital Laundry, and many education jobs.
Tim founded his business as a sole trader in 1986, working from home in Tahunanui Drive with three young children. He built the business gradually over the years, and in March 1996 became a limited liability company. In the late 1990’s he purchased an office building and yard at 55 Bolt Road, Tahunanui, which is the current site for the business.
Tim Miller Plumbing Ltd now has 16 staff, and performs various work from maintenance and domestic housing through to large contracts. No job is too big or too small.
Recently Completed Projects
- Wairau Hospital (Stages 1-4)Blenheim
- Nelson Public HospitalNelson
- Collingwood Street Medical CentreNelson
- Ernest Rutherford Retirement VillageNelson
- Summerset Retirement ComplexNelson
- Brown Acre Retirement VillageMotueka
- Jean Sandel Retirement VillageNew Plymouth
- Shone & Shirley Funeral HomeTahunanui
- Saxton Cricket & Athletic OvalNelson
- Te Kura SchoolNelson
- MacDonalds Tahunanui UpgradeTahunanui
- Richmond Daycare CentreRichmond
- NMIT Nelson - DrainageNelson
- Fresh Choice SupermarketTakaka
- Trafalgar Park Toilet BlockNelson
- The Trafalgar Centre UpgradeNelson
- Saxton Soccer PavillionNelson
- Countdown SupermarketNelson
- Synthetic Hockey Turf DrainlayingWestport
- Buller Sports StadiumWestport
- Westport New World SupermarketWestport
- Early Learning CentreWestport
- Performing Arts TheatreWestport
- Latitude 41 ApartmentsNelson
- Quay ApartmentsNelson
- Olive Estate Retirement VillageRIchmond
- Quest ApartmentsNelson
Construction Companies we have worked with
Our tradesmen are a mix of craftsman plumbers, registered plumbers, gasfitters, drain layers and apprentices at varying levels. We also have a support staff of four in the office. Many of our staff have been with the company for a long period of time.
We believe in ongoing training and upskilling for all facets of our trade, regularly sending our tradesmen to seminars, conferences and courses.
We take the health and safety of our staff and clients very seriously, and are members of Site Safe New Zealand. Anne Miller is our Health and Safety Representative. Carl Stanley holds a Site Safe advanced passport.
We undertake our own concrete core drilling for our large contracts. We have a fleet of vehicles equipped with R.T. radios, plus a 3 tonne Hitachi Digger, 1.5 tonne Hitachi Digger, 10 tonne Isuzu Forward Truck, Laser Level, Core Driller, Containers, Tool Trailer etc.
Tim Miller Plumbing Ltd are EECA approved solar installers, members of Home Heating Association and IQP backflow certification. Our drainlaying division has qualified STMS Traffic Management and Water Reticulation tradesmen along with certifying and registered drainlayers.